In order to safeguard public health amid the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, Qatar Foundation has taken the decision to curtail certain activities and close some public places and facilities at Education City until further notice.
Please see below for full details. Any further updates will be posted here, and we strongly advise you to check this webpage before traveling to Education City to participate in activities or visit facilities.
Unless otherwise specified, the following will be in place until further notice:
11.00AM, March 16, 2020
9.45AM, March 13, 2020
1.00PM, March 12, 2020
- The Minaretein building is fully closed to the public, including the Education City Mosque.
10.00AM, March 12, 2020
- Multaqa (Education City Student Center) is closed to the public. This includes all shops and food+beverage facilities within the center.
- The Minaretein building’s library and all other public areas are temporarily closed. At this time, prayers at the mosque will continue as normal.
- Qatar National Library is closed to the public. We encourage everyone to access the QNL Online Resources which remain fully accessible.
- All other library facilities across Education City are closed to the public.
- Oxygen Park is closed to the public.
- Service on the Education City Tram is suspended until further notice.
- All sports and community activities and programs at Education City, including those run in cooperation with external third parties, such as F45, are suspended.
- Al Shaqab is closed to the public.
- QF recreation facilities, including the QF Recreation Centre and Education City Club House, are closed.
- Education City Golf Club is not currently offering group sessions. Individual sessions can be scheduled as normal.